|Tel||+27 11 482 1044|
|Fax||+27 86 545 8982|
|Cell||.+27 83 601 1171|
|Education||• BA LLB
• Higher Diploma in Company Law
• Post Graduate Certificates in Telecommunications Law, Energy Law and Competition Law
Hamish Anderson is a director at the firm’s Johannesburg office. He specialises in litigation, labour law, commercial law and telecommunications law. He has right of appearance in the High Court.
Employment and labour law
- Acting as consultant to number of corporate clients.
- Sitting as chairperson in various disciplinary enquiries.
- Acting as prosecutor in pre-dismissal arbitrations.
- Appearing on behalf of clients at both CCMA and Labour Court proceedings.
- Acting as external legal consultant for the Estate Agents Affairs Board.
- Sitting as chairperson on the Disciplinary Board for the Estate Agents Affairs Board.
- Acting as legal consultant on behalf of Afrisam (SA) (Pty) Ltd and Transnet Capital Projects in respect of legal actions and due diligence projects.
- Acting as legal consultant to Nedbank and Standard Bank in respect of collections, liquidations and insolvencies.
- Acting on behalf of corporate clients including Transnet SOC Limited, Neotel, National Empowerment Fund and Identity Isivande Development Fund in respect of legal actions involving collections, insolvencies, liquidations, business rescue applications, and contractual disputes.
- Drafting various commercial agreements on behalf of corporate clients, such as sale of shares, commercial leases, lease renewals, memorandums of incorporation, partnership agreements, and sale of business.
- Acting as external legal consultant to Neotel’s legal department in litigation and commercial matters, as well as providing legal support to its networks/facilities department on various projects, including certain compensation events concerning the FIDIC build and maintenance contracts concluded with SANRAL and issues arising from the lease renewals of telecommunication equipment sites.
- Acting as external legal consultant to Transnet Freight Rail (an operating division of Transnet SOC Ltd), providing legal support to the senior legal manager tasked with overseeing the telecommunications interests of the division.