Success is being the right person all the time.
– John Maxwell
Practice Areas: Construction
Construction projects cover a wide range of legal issues and have become more and more complex. From the outset, legal agreements should cover all risks, quantify deliverables and specify quality standards.
Our construction lawyers can draw on many years’ experience on projects of different sizes and complexity. We have been providing legal advice and drafted agreements for a number of significant projects. Our strength lies in assisting clients from the inception of a project right through to the start of operations.
We provide advice on NEC and FIDIC construction agreements and related aspects. Our aim will be to ensure that all applicable documentation is well-drafted at the start-up, but if disputes are unavoidable we will assist any available dispute resolution process, for example adjudication, arbitration and litigation.
- Pule Inc acts for various state-owned companies, among them Eskom and Transnet, NHBRC and Motheo Construction Group and KH Projects (Pty) Ltd, in a consultation and litigation appointment in respect of various legislative, contractual and related disputes.
- We were also appointed to assist in a due diligence in infrastructure upgrade projects.
- We are acting on behalf of clients in the construction of a power station, and are attending to the arbitration of all compensation events.
- Together with a team of international law firms we are currently attending to the drafting of the operational and construction agreements for a solar power plant project, which we will see through to completion of construction.
- We ensure that our attorneys attend all the latest FIDIC and NEC courses.
- We assisted on a due diligence on disputed claims and compensation events on behalf of corporate clients.